Al-Mustafa University as an international academic, Islamic and Howzawi institute and an institute carrying the title of the blessing last prophet, Mohammad (s.a), has set the followings as its chief activities, i.e. fulfilling the needs of the thirsty for knowledge and disseminating Islamic teachings.
The objectives of the university are:
1. Instructing jurists, researchers, teachers, disseminators and pious and committed Muslim thinkers
2. Clarifying and expanding the Quranic and Islamic viewpoints and disseminating Islamic theories, divine teachings and humanities knowledge
The major policies for achieving the objectives include:
· Comprehensive training based on moral and Howzawi values
· Relying on long-term Howzawi and Islamic centres’ traditions
· Attempting to advance knowledge, religious viewpoints and translation of Islamic resources
· Relying on logic and intellect and dialogue with the other religions and creeds
· Having research-based and training approach
· Safeguarding human dignity in national and international interactions
· Respecting Muslim countries in accordance with cooperative and unity-promoting policy
o Programs and concentrations
More than 150 programs have been ratified; some of these programs are currently running such as Jurisprudence and Principles of Islamic Law, Jurisprudence and Islamic Teachings, Comparative Jurisprudence, Worshiping Jurisprudence, Political Jurisprudence, Economic Jurisprudence, Judicial Jurisprudence, Family Jurisprudence, Instructing Jurisprudence, Social Jurisprudence, Comparative Commentary, the Quran and Sciences, Philosophy and Islamic Mysticism, Islamic Theology, Islamic Culture and Teachings, History of Islam, Shiite knowledge, Religions and Creeds, Economics, Pedagogical Science, Dissemination and Communication, Social Studies, Politics, Law, Farsi Language, Islamic Teachings, Arabic Language and Literature, and other programs to name only a few.